Friday, January 18, 2008

Populism?

The two names the press touts as populists are Edwards and Huckabee. We already know about Edwards' $400 dollar haircuts, but I had a what's-wrong-with-this-picture-moment this morning. I got an invitation to a fund raiser for Huckabee. I can attend a reception for him on the 25th for the sum of $2,300 dollars, or I can join the great unwashed at the general reception for the nominal sum of $500 dollars per person. Whited sepulchre, anyone?

Now I've been toying with the idea of asking for a press pass for the Lincoln Dinner with Rudy as the speaker on the 25th, because I would prefer to not pay the more reasonable amount of $150 dollars. Anyway, I could have visited with Giuliani at Mel's Diner the other day for free. Interesting side note: the day after Rudy's visit the diner closed its doors forever, leaving employees and customers stunned. Hope it's not a sign of sorts.

No comments: