Monday, September 3, 2007

Unbelievable: Who Do They Think They Are

Why is it that when people reach a certain level of achievement in, say, pretending to be someone else or in being savvy enough to sell their Internet start up before the crash of hi tech, they seem to think they have the same prowess in the field of national politics or international relations? I mean, give me an essay, and I can do a pretty nifty job of editing, but that doesn't mean I think I can do brain surgery. Apparently some do.

I am horrified at what I hear of the new Brian de Palma project, bankrolled by Mark Cuban. The PR nightmare of Abu Ghraib wasn't enough, now they want to smear the troops who are risking their lives for their country, whatever you may think about the war. It is very scary, because the visual image in the hands of a professional can have a profound influence on the American public. Of course, that's what they are counting on.

At the same time, I stumbled on this link on Babalu, stories by independent journalists on the ground in Iraq. A completely different feel from the MSM. It felt like an antidote. What is the truth, I wonder. What is more likely? That our troops are running amok in Iraq, or that they are doing a yeoman's job under extremely difficult circumstances? I refer back to my post on Lone Survivor to point out the effect that this liberal mindset is having on our troops.

Can you imagine the effect on the WWII American public if every day, they were subjected to losses, scandals, etc... instead of "Why We Fight." Compare the figures. We lost about a million men. Of course, I'm beginning to think FDR had the right idea, impose censorship on war matters until after combat.

Frankly, I am no devotee of war or even this war, however, we cannot afford to walk away. If these liberal and show business types had their way, we'd go back to our pre 9/11 ways. And how long would that last, as we sat at home with a big, fat bulls eye on the landscape?

If the American public does not voice its displeasure now, we might as well pack our suitcases, retreat to the mainland and never ever go beyond our borders. Maybe we could build a fence to keep out terrorists. Oh, no, that won't work for planes, and anyway that would hamper illegal immigrants. Unbelievable!

H/T Abajo Fidel

No comments: