Monday, July 9, 2007

So much for Cuban Cigars

I love cigars! One of my favorite past times is lighting up a big old smoke and reading a good book. I frequently come across some newbie who can't stop talking about a "Cuban" cigar, "I sure would love to get my hands on a Cuban" they say. Personally, I would have to question the quality of the crop they produce, just as any other crop they produce (does Cuba produce anything else? Maybe rum and beer). Secondly, I refuse to smoke Cuban cigars because I do not want to support the current government, Third, Habanos SA is 50% owned by the Cuban Governent and 50% owned by the Franco-Spanish company Altadis (another example of how Castro carries on about Yankee imperialism, but it is okay to sell out to the Europeans), and finally it is illegal.

Lou

No comments: