Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Waiting...

Vague rumblings are afoot...... When are they gonna 'fess up?

This is starting to remind me of a Spanish novela, not that I have a great knowledge of them. I watched "Renzo, el gitano" when I was a kid. But the other one I watched, the one that this reminds me of was a remake of "El derecho de nacer" in the 70's or 80's. The patriarch of the family, Rafael del Junco, after a series of nasty actions like ordering his daughters' illegitimate son killed, suffered a stroke and was rendered mute, just as he was about to disclose something monumental. I don't even know if it was to tell her the son was alive. Anyway, night after night, everyone would watch saying, "Esta noche va hablar Rafael del Junco." "Tonight he's gotta talk. He's got to tell her." Of course, he didn't. For weeks on end, everyone we knew was glued to the set. They milked that one a long time. See the comparison?

Cuando va acabar de hablar Rafael del Junco?

No comments: