Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Telling the truth about Che

The mad emailer strikes again! I'll just post the email I wrote the Military History Channel.

I was minding my own business, watching "Sea Stories," when there was a mini
biography of Che Guevara. I must tell you that since you present yourself as a
"History Channel," I was sorely disappointed. The only attempt to be objectively
historical came with the lip service at the end. Not for nothing is Che known as
the "Butcher of the Cabana" (a prison). Is that supposed to be answered by the
sixteen year old saying, "It was a revolution, and in revolutions, people die."
I did not think that your channel would perpetuate the romantic revolutionary
myth. Perhaps you should read Humberto Fontova's Exposing the Real Che: and the Useful Idiots who Idolize him.

What is it with these people? Bad enough the media doesn't do real research, but now the Military History Channel? Gimme a break!

2 comments:

Lourod said...

Maybe we should put Ollie on the story.

Unknown said...

It's not like anybody actually watches that channel....what were you doing watching it anyway? You hate military history!