Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why I support BUCL

As a Cuban American I grew up listening and living the evils of Castro. Mine is a story similiar to that of every other Cuban-American family (so I wont go into details). However, while breifly living in Central America in my youth, I fantasized about fomenting my own anti-Castro revolution, 'specially after a few beers and meeting an Columbian ex-paratrooper who was ready to go to Cuba, as well. Truth is, I would have been killed as soon as I got to shore, or maybe sooner. Even if I had made it, who was going to follow a Cuban with a gringo accent? Perhaps good judgment shone through the effect of the beers. Now a fat, 3 cigar a day smoker and wine drinker, my only weapons are these keys. We should all support this effort. Obviously, the military effort and economic efforts have not proven to be succesful. Kudos to Henry, Val, George and all the others at Babalu...

No comments: