Saturday, October 11, 2008

Aha! Some of the Barackian Mystery Revealed

A post by Cigar Mike on Babalu may shed some light on the Obamamiam penchant for unsavory associations. He presents some highlights of Dreams from my Father:

On page 100, Obama says he went out of his way to choose Marxist professors as his friends. Obama wrote: "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully, the more politically active black students, the foreign students, the Chicanos, the Marxist professors and punk rock performance poets.

Now I really have to question his judgement. The "punk rock performance poets" alone would do it for me. I've heard my share of flying squirrel poems recited, but I don't think I've ever come across that combination. As to the book, I won't read it because I'm afraid of turning into a mindless automaton a la sci fi.

1 comment:

Ms Calabaza said...

got something against flying squirrels?

Sadly, I believe B'rak Obama is the Manchurian candidate. Put your seatbelts on 'cause it's gonna be a long and bumpy ride ...