Sunday, June 1, 2008

Putting Sunday to Bed

There is nothing new under the sun. Given all the moralistic hoopla lately about how we should soften our policy towards Cuba, I thought I might share this little 2002 release about a Jimmy Carter directive. Click on the link. It sounds familiar.

Good things come in small packages? Before I decided to tune in, drop out, and run away to FL, I was a teacher, studying for my certification in administration. So I was shocked to find that Sarasota was building brand new, very large schools, virtually student warehouses, when all the literature was pointing to small schools as the best environment for learning. This Newsweek article examines the theory and results of the small schools movement in one Bronx High School. Upshot: mixed.

My, Grandma, what big eyes you have. This next one is no joke for many seniors who are either being overmedicated or prescribed drugs with unfavorable interactions. If you have an elderly parent, do yourself a favor and read the CNN report here.

Better late than never. Seems the government has been investigating oil markets for the past six months. Speculation, anyone? As one strategist in this AP report via MSNBC puts it, if you eliminated the excess money.... Gee, where have I heard that before? I know, I know, there are other factors.

It's that time of year again. Summer and shark attacks. The latest spate has occurred in Mexico where 2 have been killed. Read it here.

Those were the days, my friend. To end on an up note, here's a list of the top 50 classic rock songs. How's it compare to yours? Link is working at the moment. It comes and goes.

1 comment:

Ms Calabaza said...

Ruth,

your link to 50 classic rock songs is not working.