Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Monday morning gave me no warning.... Just when I'm getting really disaffected by his secure our borders' rants, O'Reilly comes through with this column. He cuts through the nonsense and offers a clear and pretty compelling list of suggestions to deal with the oil situation.

We don't need no education..... In this most excellent column, Suzanne Fields questions whether given the dismal state of education in this country, we are not rocking the ignorance instead of the vote. I always find it interesting that it is considered a good thing to drag young people from their college dorms and keg parties into a voting booth.

Hey! Hey! Get off of my cloud.... This piece asks whether "shunning" smokers helps. The answer, not surprising given that it's in that arbiter of political correctness, Newsweek, is "yes." I don't want to be ungrateful, given that Dr. Steven Schroeder (head of some Smoking Cessation place in CA) says we should hate the smoke, not the smoker. If knowing that I am killing myself, ruining my environment, and footing a monthly tab (combined) the equivalent of a car payment is not enough to make me quit, is not being able to go to Disneyworld going to do it?

Na, na, hey, hey, good bye.... Told you so. With the coming of age, comes wisdom, or so confirms a new book Progress in Brain Research. According to this Newsweek article, if old people are more distracted, it's because they have a lot more to remember.

There must be some way out of here.... Finally in a real life version of Open Water with a much happier ending, two divers, a Brit and an American were rescued after spending a night on the water after they became lost while diving. Read it here.

No comments: