Friday, October 19, 2007

By the time, I got to Woodstock...

..there was a museum. What was that I was saying about "self-important" and vacuous? First Gore gets the Nobel Peace Prize, and now we're gonna have the Rural Museum of Drug use, Debauchery, and Rock and roll. Get a load of this.

Republicans say presidential contender Hillary Clinton can forget about getting $1 million in taxpayer funds for a Woodstock museum.
Clinton and Charles Schumer, Democratic senators from New York, want to earmark the federal money for a museum that would commemorate the 1969 music festival in their state


Personally, I really got trashed at a Dave Bromberg concert at the old Academy of Music. I could really use a couple of thousand to enshrine the bathrooms there; they were memorable.
Can't make this stuff up, folks!

"Judge, judge, take me to the 'lectric chair." Ah, those halcyon days of youth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ferminia says:
Saw Bromberg at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, NJ, half a lifetime ago. After a couple of six packs of Molson and a contact high, all I remembered was "Wallflower! Wallflower!"

rsnlk said...

...won't you dance with me?