Thursday, September 20, 2007

Deja Vu Update

I gotta share this one. So, I'm in the library, not my usual branch, looking through the new books when I spot...can it be... is it? Yes, it's Fidel Castro on the cover. Wait, there's Chavez, and that's Evo Morales. Intrigued, I pick it up. The book in question is titled Pirates of the Caribbean: An Axis of Hope. I only hope the link works, so you can see first hand the halo over fifo's head. Try it here. I kid you not.

Elian Revisited- Hang onto your seats, boys and girls! Just when the present court case is coming to a close, this Wednesday the Discovery Times Channel is presenting a documentary on the Elian case. With the Times in the moniker, this cannot be good. Some days it just seems like we're trying to bail out the SS Cuban American with a leaky sieve.

The Great Left Wing Conspiracy- In the past, I have used the phrase, the Great Left Wing Conspiracy in jest. But today's news about Ted Stevens being investigated makes me wonder. Frankly, I couldn't care about Stevens, but am I the only one that is noticing a pattern here?Doesn't it seem that invariably during election season these days a scandal concerning a Republican politician hits the airwaves? I want to ask are only Republican pols corrupt? Let's not forget that exit polling in the last election showed that it was corruption, not the war, that fueled the Republican debacle. Remember Foleygate. A hint here, a leak there, it would be easy to do. Of course, the Dems have been caught with cashsicles in the freezer and fugitive fundraisers with no apparent consequences. One can only imagine what it would take to turn off their base.

3 comments:

rsnlk said...

Hey, that's a beat! I swear the book has a halo over Castro's head. Really. I had it in my hand.

Angel Garzón said...

You're right rsnlk, the cover does indeed have a halo over fifo's head, it is not visible on the B&N page, however, it is clearly depicted on the Amazon page, a better view of it is available here.

I am speechless, this depiction of Larry, Curly and Mo is the immoral and amoral equivalent of placing Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito on a similar setting.

rsnlk said...

Thanks. Larry, Curly and Mo is a good way to frame it. I mean I was standing there with the book in my hand, thinking it had to be some sort of joke.