Thursday, August 30, 2007

Timing is Everything

For some reason MSNBC-I don't generally watch it- is on in the background as I sit in the office. I swear they have spent two hours running and rerunning the Craig thing. First of all, there is a very prurient overtone to all these proceedings, particularly the way Matthews has been running the arrest interview over and over again. Uh, oh, I think to myself. There goes the election. Do we really need to hear what goes on in restrooms?

Something similar happened last election with the Mark Foley scandal. Despite the Democrats seeing their gains as a mandate on Iraq, etc... when voters were questioned leaving the polls, the single biggest concern was corruption. One has to question the timing on these things. The Craig incident took place months ago. Why didn't it surface until now?

So now all the talking heads are at it about how the Republicans are hypocrites and immoral, as opposed to the ostensibly more virtuous party in which anything-but-traditional-values goes. I can only imagine what they have saved up for the general election. The Republicans had better hire some very good gumshoes tout suite.

No comments: